EFFECTIVE WAYS TO STAND OUT IN A CROWDED MARKET
Whenever anyone wants to start a business, one of the first things they are advised to do is to find a niche. In essence, this isn’t only true but it is a very valid point. If you want people to notice you and listen to what you have to say, you need to clearly define who you want to serve and how you intend doing so. Sometimes, you don’t even get to come up with a unique product; something similar may be already existing in the market. You are then saddled with the responsibility to make your brand unique and stand out from the crowd. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Define your niche. What share of the market do you want to serve? What are you focusing on? What do you want to be known for in your industry? Clearly define your niche.
2. Know your market so well. This is definitely a no-brainer. If you know your market, you are able to serve your market better and even anticipate their needs and wants. One of the ways to know your market better is by conducting research and studying the changes in the market.
3. Find out what your Unique Selling Proposition is. What makes your brand different from others? What is that unique thing that you do better than your competitors? What is the competitive advantage you have over others?
4. Get your branding in order. Your brand is what differentiates your business from other businesses. Set up your brand, your brand elements, brand tone, brand guide, and so on. Make your branding communicate your values as a business.
5. Find out what your Unique Selling Proposition is. What makes your brand different from others? What is that unique thing that you do better than your competitors? What is the competitive advantage you have over others?
6. Tell your story. Your customers are interested in hearing unique and authentic stories from regular people who they can resonate with. You don’t just want to come online or advertise as if you are talking to yourself; you need to tell your story. Be authentic and let’s understand the personality behind your business. The advantage a small business or startup has over large corporations is the fact that you can relate with your target audience on a personal level. Leverage that, it is gold.
7. Focus on building communities and not just garnering customers. Your customers may buy from you but they won’t necessarily be your fans. Build tribes instead.
8. Finally, be consistent. If you are not consistent, then it would be difficult to stay in the mind of your audience.
How do you intend to stand out from the crowd this year? Let’s hear from you below!